Sign up here to receive the Newsletter.
Back To Mail Archives
Issue Number : 13 - Order Catalog, Hogan's Irish Pub, Title News, BBS, Mailing List Reminders
Order Catalog, Hogan's Irish Pub, Title News, BBS, Mailing List Reminders
Issue #13 - July 23, 2001
Back to main Archives page
OVERTAKEN BY EVENTS
To those people who have been asking what's happened to the mailings lately, here we are again, finally. For the last six months or so life has been, as they say, "overtaken by events."
A much-asked question has been when we plan on resurrecting Mr. Toad's Book Ordering Page on the web site, which was suspended to add credit-card handling capability that readers had requested. This turned out to be a more involved undertaking than anticipated. Finally, things seem to be going ahead, and the first version should be up and running in a month or so, offering options for mailed check or money order, regular credit card services, and Paypal. We also expect to be making various interesting expansions to the Catalog subsequently
HOGAN'S IRISH PUB
Many readers have suggested adding a discussion forum where readers can debate issues arising from my books, topics raised on the Bulletin Board, or whatever else takes their fancy. Next on the list after we get the Catalog running.
Martian Knightlife, containing two connected stories featuring Kieran Thane, "The Knight," scheduled for release by Baen in November 2001
FOUR SHORT STORIES
Contributed to various anthologies
- The Colonizing of Tharle, included in Visions of Liberty, a collection of stories on societies without government, due from Baen later this year.
- Convolution, included in Past Imperfect, a time-travel collection due from DAW, October 2001.
- Take Two, included in Silicon Dreams, an AI collection, details to be announced.
- Jailhouse Rock, an early Knight tale, for a Baen collection, details to be announced
Jim Baen continues to do a terrific job in keeping the backlist in print. Rights now acquired to reissue The Genesis Machine and Code of the Lifemaker. Release dates to follow.
TWO NEW TITLES IN THE WORKS
Truth Under Tyranny: Impermissible Thoughts in Science. A nonfiction look at some examples of dogmatic science taking on the trappings of an intolerant religion putting down heresy.
Catastrophe, Chaos, & Convolution. A third mixed collection of fiction, nonfiction, and biographical anecdotes.
For more details of all the above, see the "What's New" page.
AUGUST CONVENTION APPEARANCE
Yours truly is privileged be Guest of Honor at VikingCon, at Bellingham, WA, August 17-19. Again, details on the "What's New" page.
BULLETIN BOARD TOPICS
Recent items posted on the web site "Bulletin Board" include:
- Zero-tolerance inanities in the schools
- Evolution facts that"everyone knows" - that aren't
- UK's foot-and-mouth hysteria, science out of control
- The scam behind the 1930s banning of marijuana
- Survival basics for visitors to Ireland
James P. Hogan